Carrot Soup (Pure and Simple)
This is one of my most favorite soup recipes. It's about as simple as it gets. There are a couple variations but this is my "tried and true". I swear when I make this for company, they think it's so much more complex and fancy than it really is.
- 2-4 Very large carrots sliced (If they are organic DON'T PEEL THEM)
- 2 Yellow onions peeled and sliced
- 1.5-2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Filtered Water
- 1/2-1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Creme Fraiche, Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt, or heavy cream
- In a medium to large pot, melt butter and sautee onions and carrots until onions are translucent. If there's more time, caramelize the onions a little.
- Pour water over carrots and onions to cover.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or, until the carrots are soft.
- Pour this mixture into a blender (Usually, it takes 2 batches) and pulverize.
- You may need to return this to the pot, add more water for desired consistency and reheat.
- Serves about 4. (2 cup serving size)